Subject Author Posted Replies

OT electronic / electrical translator book
I am trying to locate (the name of) a spanish to english translation book of terms and part names for electrical (commercial wiring etc) and electronic ( tv, dvr, computer) this is for a friend of...
1
1

Repair or replacement of anti-glare coating on my Samsung UN40B6000?
All: Does anyone have an idea about how to repair or replace my Samsung 40" LED TV's anti-glare coating? I accidentally put a tear into the screen's anti-glare coating. Thank you. Keith Lee
2
2

Huster / Muster ? smps maker
Handscrawled in white on laptop sort of smps inside a Fischer in ear amp. Anyone recognise the name? Presumably bought in by Fischer Selectable between 12V and 24V by external (but inside the amp...
1
1

Timer
I'm trying to find a timer to do what I want. Descriptions on the internet are sadly inadaquate. I want a timer that if it has input, say from a thermostat, to come on for a set time (2 to 5 minutes)...
10
10

Phillips screw security bit?
I'm trying to disassemble a Kill-A-Watt P4460. A device that was plugged into it had some electrical problem and caused the circuit breaker in my house to trip. When I removed the Kill-A-Watt from the...
35
35

software to help reconstruct circuit diagram?
I'm trying to debug a circuit board but have no circuit diagram. I could take a picture of the top and bottom of the board (only one copper layer), line them up in photoshop (flip one of them) to...
5
5

varicap diode testing?
Hi if you test an OK varicap diode with analog reistance meter what are you supposed to get?Does it get hot/warm in battery powered transmitter (if not than the element suspected to be a varactor and...
6
6

(household) appliances
Hi, We're in the process of some significant remodeling/updating, here. Among the items we're looking to purchase are all/most of the major home appliances: frig, dishwasher, oven/stove/range, washer,...
5
5

Question about Charter cable box
A friend who subscribes to Charter's cable TV service tells me Charter has programmed his cable box to halt after something like 6 hours and display a screen which says "press any key to resume...
9
9

DTV clock screwed up
Using a set-top DTV converter, analog TV. Works fine, except for about a week now the clock appears to be an hour slow. I say "the clock" as if it's part of the converter, but apparently the box gets...
7
7

connecting TTL o/p together
Hi l'm building a circuit and l need an 8 input OR gate(does anyone know of one ?) this is not available so l'm using 74LS32 - Dual input Quad or gate. the problem is can l connect all the outputs...
18
18

dead microwave
Frigidaire, Professional Series PLMV169DCD When plugged in, no clock is displayed. Nothing. No response to any buttons. No lights, no fan, no sound. It failed gradually. Starting from a few buttons...
28
28

usb-parallel adapter for I/O
I have spent a few days hacking on a usb-parallel adapter based on a Prolific pl2305 chip trying to get a bit-bang 8 bit output device for linux... I'm very very close but I'm stuck. Its turned into...
1
1

mis-connecting audio and composite video
What happens (in terms of damage) if you connect an audio signal to a composite video input or composite video to an audio input? I have an old Sony camcorder that has single-channel audio + composite...
6
6

What should be the value of the resistance?
Small signal voltage gain by one small resistance connected to emitter through a large by passed resistance and junction to base resistance for negative feedback. If small R is 0.22K and Rc=10K. What...
5
5