Subject Author Posted Replies

Unusual pcb corrossion problem
Remote control about 5 years old, no spillages or abuse. I don't know how they make the pcbs , perhaps something like this. Conformal coating over pcb and tracks, etched back around the button pads or...
6
6

how do you hook up a generator
hi, can anybody explain how i connect a generator to a house. we have bought a house (in the sticks)that is not connected the the national grid.power had prev been supplied by a generator that got...
8
8

Thurlby Digital Storage adaptor, user manual?
The service manual is out there but just in case someone knows of a source for an operators, preferably for the DSA524. There is apparently a paid-for sourxe which I may go for. There are 58 buttons...
1
1

OT-ish Anyone had trouble recently with Avast screwing with usenet access ?
A couple of nights back, my Xnews stopped working - sort of. I'd just installed some Windoze updates. Nothing special, just the weekly security crap, so I immediately suspected that. I removed the...
47
47

Singer 5522 sewing machine
I found this machine at the swap shop of our transfer station. It appears to be in good condition but I can't figure out how to thread it or wind the bobbin. Does anyone have an operating manual that...
4
4

Denon PMA-770 problems
Right side works, left side not, unless volume is set way high, then horrible staticy low volume. All output transistors removed & checked, all good. Any ideas? Otherwise it's gonna get tossed, or...
8
8

Panasonic microwave model NN-S446BA open power transformer
There was a brownout. The transformer is part number ETP41KCN41UU. There are two secondaries. Nearby are two electrolytics. One is a 16V and the other is a 35 volt. So I'm thinking perhaps DC voltages...
5
5

Sony model number KDS-50A2000 green haze
The set is a Sony model number KDS-50A2000. I believe it was manufactured in 2006. The symptoms are a green hue across the entire picture. From my understanding this is caused by a bad optical block....
6
6

Gibson Les Paul
Output from guitar noticeably dropped in level , owner had a spare one to complete the set. When I received it , setting both vol pots to minimum then ohmage across output was 30 ohm. Now I'm inside,...
8
8

AC Adapter Plague
That's roughly what seems to be taking over the space under one of my workbenches. -- # Jeff Liebermann 150 Felker St #D Santa Cruz CA 95060 # 831-336-2558 # # AE6KS
24
24

Sony Viao PCG-6R1M Laptop (UK)
This old lappy works fine on mains power but doesn't charge the battery. The battery led flashes twice then a pause then twice again all the time mains power is applied with a battery connected. Does...
1
1

Service & user manuals
Has anyone found a website that actually has manuals available for download? As opposed to giving you a list of sites which they claim has them but usually turn out not to actually have any, but give...
4
4

IFR 1200 rear ring case holder
I=92m looking for the rear =93ring=94 holder that keeps the case on the IFR 1200. Please get a hold of me if you do. If the email does not work please visit my web site for contact (thanks in...
1
1

Usual failure modes of magnetrons?
Greetings All, I have a Sharp brand "Half Pint" 400 watt microwave oven my wife and I bought new in 1986. The thing still works like new. I use it now in my shop because we have bought more powerful...
32
32

Maybe OT - Home Network issue
Hi I have a problem accessing a computer that's on my home network from the outside world and was wondering if anyone here could help. The setup as is follows: I have Comcast internet with a cable...
6
6