A Coupling loop, for setting up a Roberts Radio

Hi gang, anyone have the specs for a coupling loop so I can get started setting up some of my Roberts radios.

There are loads on the internet but vary wildly. Not a complicated problem but nice to get right first time.

Many thanks, all the best...

Reply to
bloke

It's not clear to me what you are asking for. Do you want a tuned loop for the AM band, like this?

If yes, then the standard is a 240uh coil and a 365pf variable capacitor. But, you can use a smaller coil and a larger capacitor.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

fic.com/loop.html

Hi there, sorry for the confusion. Here is a quote from the RT8 service manual -

Equipment Required. An a.m. signal generator, an output meter of 20 ohm impedance, or an a.c. voltmeter; an r.f. coupling coil and a narrow-bladed-type trimming tool. During alignment the signal input should be kept as low as possible to prevent a.g.c. action. All adjustments are made with the signal fed in via the coupling coil.

Hope that makes a bit more sense, All the best..

Reply to
bloke

Jusst make a loop of about 10 turns of insulated hookup wire. Make the loop about an inch diameter, Solder the ends of the loop to a piece of coax (any type will do). If your signal source is cranky about being hooked into a short circuit, solder a 51-ohm resistor between the center conductor of the coax and one end of the loop. Position the loop to inject a signal into the radio's antenna or internal circuitry.

--
Dave M
A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after

loop

(any

he

o the

Many thanks, I can get crackling with the radio tune ups now, Cheers...

Reply to
bloke