Subject Author Posted Replies

Sears Garagedoor Opener Won't
1999 (old) 1/2 HP Sears screw opener All mechanicals and motor good. New opener button(#1) worked for six months then quit. Opened and wiggled battery. Worked again but now have to open every time and...
1
1

My 5GHz Wi-Fi is broken (how to add an internal 5GHz 802.11 n/ac adapter)?
I just got a new home broadband router that has both 2.4GHz & 5GHz and only then did I realize that both the Windows and Linux laptops don't have a 5GHz Wi-Fi card (both only have 3.4GHz 802.11...
12
12

Need help with ESR(?) meter
When I have encountered power supply problems in the past I have just replaced all the caps. I have wanted to get an in-circuit ESR meter but they either came as kits or were more than I wanted to...
7
7

FORD E250 piezo buzzer
Suggestions on wiring add on buzzers for example into the flasher circuit ?
4
4

Mitsubishi Unisen TV LT-52151 takes long time to show picture
I have a Mitsubishi Unisen LT-52151 that once turned on, it could take up to 2 minutes before the picture shows. The power button illuminates but no picture till much later. This is an LCD 51 inch...
2
2

Tapco Juice J.1400 slave amp
One fan fails to start. Presumably 12V but only 3.8 to 4V over both fans at start up. Recognised problem /solution.? Assuming its like the 2500 (sm out there) then 39R/3W dropper, is 27R/2W in here. I...
5
5

ampex 1200 take apart and clean
I am trying to keep an ampex 1200 from dragging, anyone know how to take apart, clean and lubricate?
1
1

Person With Disability Needs Replacement: Radio Shack Model 277-1008 "Mini Audio Amplifier": Where To Buy Now ?
Hello, Am really hoping someone here might help us out. For a person with a disability, who has been using, over the years, a Radio Shack: Model 277-1008 "Mini Audio Amplifier" With R/S now gone, have...
2
2

S: Manual for Philips PM 2422_A_ DMM
Hi, The ADC of this multimeter consists of the chipset of which I'm searching for FEJ 271(B). Unfortunately, the manual/schematic which can be downloaded from Elektrotanya is incomplete: the ADC...
2
2

WTB/LFS: Mullard (Philips) FEJ271B Quad decade counter/store
Hi, there was an early ADC chipset manufactured by Mullard consisting of FEY101, FEJ271 and 74141 ic's. While FEY101 is still available FEJ271B seems to be unobtainium. Can someone here help me to get...
10
10

The medical paradox
Two physicians walk into a bar.....
5
5

SOP-16 to DIP-16 converter, ant tips
The off-the-shelf ones seem either the easy way round,small to large, or too bulky. I've about the space of 3 DIP16 stacked on top of one other to play with, after removing and replacing a large...

The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?
The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents? The Fermi Paradox is essentially a situation where we "assume" something that "seems obvious"; but, if that assumption is true, then something else...
273
273

Thanks for Jeff Liebermann for suggesting the Costco cable modem!
Thank you Jeff Liebermann for being a technical wiz-kid genius! I just want to shout out to Jeff Liebermann for suggesting the Costco cable modem (Motorola/Arris SB6141) for about $85 out the door,...
37
37

4 channel oscilloscopes - what are they good for?
Hi all, I've currently got 13 scopes of various types; most of 'em vintage. I like it that way, old stuff. But it's far too many scopes in all honesty, all taking up valuable space. One of the...
9
9