Subject Author Posted Replies

Alba LCD19advdw, LCD TV and DVD, 2009
Failed backlighting. Firstly 2 off 8pin SOIC with 4 pins commoned for heatsinking, to drive backlight Tx, on the mains SMPS LV side. Markings look like PRAAN FOS 8862C under 30x microscope, google...
8
8

terminal board n clips
I have created a negative black hole. Are the two following mateable ? is TS 200 a standard ? is there a better way ? There are 20 18g grnd wires.
2
2

Lamp with batteries
Hi all I have a lamp I use for camping. Accidently it was left with the batteries in for the winter, and they have leaked a bit. I have repaired cases like this before, usually with a file and sand...
2
2

Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"
Hi Guys, Any washing machine experienced folks here? Wife pressed the "Power" button on the Costco Whirlpool Duet Sport washing machine and then, when she pressed the separate "Start" button,...
65
65

Do battery chargers mostly suck, in your experience?
I have a lot of things, most of which have batteries, and therefore I have a lot of battery chargers. My experience with them has been generally negative. The worst are the so called "smart" chargers....
14
14

House-sitting for millenials
?How do I turn off the bathroom light??
8
8

MSI: MS7204 (945P).
My MSI945GZM motherboard is getting flaky, the only other MOBO I have is a MSI MS7204 (945P). The GZM has a normal CPU cooler - the 945P has a huge cooler with copper pipes running through a big stack...

MOVs
Hi, I've noticed a high failure rate in appliances built-in mains filters. These are the filters that are typically found at the point the power lead enters the appliance. They're silver coloured...
8
8

DVD Rewinder
Got in a pack of new clip leads. I can do alot of things with clip leads. They are a bench staple like the ends off of components, paper clips, various glues and potions. OK, fairly nice set of leads....
38
38

Logitech M-BD58 rogue mouse.
Recently, my Logitech mouse went tits-up and took the entire motherboard USB subsystem with it! The MOBO is still useable, but sometimes there's weird "artifacts" on the video. A USB expansion card...
7
7

Peavey XR696F mixer amp
Owner acquired knowingly non-working off a friend of a friend, so no point in asking him/them what is normal operation. Nothing about the following test routine? in the user manual Reported as ok for...
11
11

OT: Kutztown XXXIV Antique Radio Show and Sale
Officially, May 13/14 at the Renningers Farm Market and Antique Mall, Kutzt own, PA. Link below: Admission is free, camping on-site is free, parking is free. Hundreds of ve ndors, thousands of radios,...
7
7

KEPS & SEMS Ffasterners
Too much info, but interesting if you're into mechanical assembly -- for all the fellers and fellerettes who have helped me out in the past and future.... ... A Keps nut, (also called a K-nut or...
4
4

Toshiba 2SD424 and B554
I have an older QSC model 1400 in with some blown output transistors (uses 8 per channel). Original outputs are Toshiba 2SD424 and B554. QSC doesn't sell parts for this amp any longer because of it's...
6
6

Fujitsu Siemens V5505 laptop.
Just won a Fujitsu Siemens laptop with a bricked HDD. Linux based partition tools were able to recognise that the "HDD is bad" - although it may have been occasionally poking its head above the...
8
8