Zenith SY3272DT problem turning on.

Hello, as stated in the title I have a Zenith SY3272DT that most often does not turn on. When the on/off button is pressed the relay clicks and that is all. I have looked to past posts on this forum and others and believe the problem to be a 100 uf capacitor (CX3416). However I cannot find the schematics for this TV so I dont want to just start desoldering things without regard; where is the general location of this ailing capactitor? Also this will be my first attempt at TV repair, is there anything that I must know? Will I have to discharge stored energy in the TV before I can work on it? Thanks to all that help.

-Pat

--
Pat
Reply to

I just found the problem capacitor. For the life of me I just could not see where it was (I would blame bad eye sight). I did eventually find the cap and replaced the 25 volt one with a 50 volt one. Its located to the right (as you look at the back of the TV) hidden behind a relay. The problem is fixed, I have a fully working TV set now. I just thought I would reply to my own question in case someone else searches the forum and needs answers. Good day to all.

-Pat

--
Pat
Reply to