Zenith SJ7743RK pix overloading (C-3)

Hello

Zenith SJ7743RK, (C-3 chassis) Signal module 9-1054-01.

TV has overloading with the pix washing out, with scene change. Also sync is a bit tenuous. Adjusting the video level pot helps, but not enough range. CRT checks good (surprise!), and I have bypassed PIP to eliminate that. I have seen this commonly on these TV's, this one from 1992, but have gotten around it by adjusting the video level. I suspect an electrolytis is to blame, but have never dug into this problem to find the culprit. Have any of you? I sure would appreciate the quick fix. Thanks

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Reply to
dharrisfc

Art

Art

Thanks for the input, but the CRT is NOT THE PROBLEM. Did you read my post? I eliminated that right off the bat.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Reply to
dharrisfc

Can we assume you already replaced the 22uF capacitor near the jungle ic that always goes bad on these?

Is the video washing out on the whole image, or can it happen in banding across the bright part?

Reply to
dkuhajda

I have rejuvinated a lot of Zenith 25, & 27" CRT's this year, & lost none of them. It's all how you go about setting up & using the rejuvinator. Check the electrolytic on the CRT board, if the unit has one, & the one by the jungle IC like the other poster stated. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man

Hmmm, I think you are steering me in the right direction. This washout does have the appearance you mentioned. And no, I have not replaced the cap you mentioned. I will look at a drawing when I get in the shop and report back. And thank you very much.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Reply to
dharrisfc

I think David is right, I've seen that on some Curtis-Mathes/Zenith chassis.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre