Zenith PVY4665DT

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with my Zenith big-screen TV. The model number is PVY4665DT. The picture is pulling away from the sides, and the RGB colors are not aligned except in the absolute center. I know nothing about TVs or TV repair; does anyone know what the problem could be, and if it would be possible to do the repair myself? (With the proper manuals and sleepless nights of learning in a caffeinated haze, that is.)

Thanks

Reply to
Yogensha

The convergence amplifier chips have gone bad. To learn more about this type of problem, search this newsgroup for the word "convergence". Most likely you must order the correct ICs, unsolder the old ones, solder in the new ones, check/replace other components on the covergence board, like capacitors and resistors. THat usually fixes the problem.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver