Zener diode value for Playstation 2 power supply

I'm repairing a Playstation 2 power supply model 1-468-604-21. I've found the D016 zener diode to be shorted. This is a very small zener diode and the only numbers written on it are 2, then elsewhere 1 0 and finally a B. This is the only one marked like this. So I cannot test its value from a good one. Does someone knows what is its value or replacement part number?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Smith

Which model PS2 is this for? And do you know if this failure has anything to do with the PS2 power supply recall? There are apparently quite a few manufacturers involved.

If I have the same one, and I can do it without breaking anything open, I'd be happy to test mine for Vz.

Reply to
stickyfox

I'm repairing a a SCPH-30001 R version 5 Playstation 2 power supply model

1-468-604-21, made by Nichicon (the maker of capacitors) in Japan.. I've found the D016 zener diode to be shorted. This is a very small zener diode and the only numbers written on it are 2, then elsewhere 1 0 and finally a B. This is the only one marked like this. So I cannot test its value from a good one. Does someone knows what is its value or replacement part number?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Smith

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 15:32:34 -0400, "John Smith" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Is there an electro bypassing it? If so, its voltage rating may give you a clue.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar