Yamaha R-50 receiver failed

It's fascinating to see how this discussion has developed - reassuring to see a number of people respond with support and suggestions for my question - a little disconcerting to see a few cases of "my answer is bigger than yours." I'm sure you all have more pressing demands on your time than my little question. To set your collective minds at ease, I purchased a new Sony receiver over the weekend and am giving the old Yamaha a respectful burial.

Thanks to all! Greg

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

Reply to
Greg

Hope you are happy with your new purchase. We were trying to give you the best advice that we could. I guess Mark and I both get a bit torqued with some of the BS that people post. It is hard enough for people to know what to make of the various advice that they get on usenet, but when guys with specific experience with the units give specific advice and others post generic info that may or may not be relevant, it makes it seem like a waste of time to try to help people. Then when someone posts something that is just plain inaccurate, it is likely to raise a flag.

Be well. Be in touch.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

What he said.

mz

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Man, if he thought we were rough he really is a newbie around here! This was one of the more polite threads of it's sort I've seen in a while!

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias