Yamaha P120 piano, 2004

Looks like another victim of lead-free solder in the power handling areas.

Reason for posting - idle curiosity. I'm not going to unnecessarily delve into the keyboard section to find out. I was surprised to see just an 8 way ribbon cable going to an 88 key, 7+ octave keyboard. I assume there is active multiplexing hidden in there , but would there be "touchy-feely" action monitoring as well.?

N Cook

N Cook schrieb:

Why not? I assume you'll find a keyboard processor and 2 contact bars to measure the time/velocity of each key, possibly divides into 8- or

12-key groups.

Udo

Reply to
Udo Piechottka

areas.

delve

be

All I can see is the counterbalance rods and leaf springs per key, including shining a torch down the length of the rear of the key bank. I suppose the bank of counterweights (hence weight of that whole section) compared to return springs means that touch force can be more evenly inferred from timing intervals per key press.

N Cook

Yes.

Reply to
Meat Plow

areas.

delve

be

Now I have it working , yes , its rate sensitive. Forte is loud. Play a note too pianisimo and it fails to register at all, taking say 3 seconds or so from first finger touch to bottoming. I assume that is normal.

N Cook