Xerox 1025 copier Problem

Does anyone know what status code U4 signify? I turn the machine on, it says "wait" while warming up and then shuts down with status code U4.

It has been working fine up until today. It would go into status code U4 whenever there was a delay in copying something. Is it a "sleep" function? I would turn off the machine and turn it on again and it would work just fine until today.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Reply to
Joe

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:58:20 -0600, Joe Has Frothed:

In the 1012 the U4 code is a "heat problem" in general, fuser overheat or heat stays on after it has reached operating temperature. Probably the same in the 1025.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Thanks for the prompt reply. That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Do you know of any easy fix for this? I am fairly mechanically inclined.

Reply to
Joe

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:21:35 -0600, Joe Has Frothed:

Upon further research the 1025 has multiple U4 codes.

U4-1 Open thermistor U4-2 Low temp U4-4 Temp U4-5 Main pwb.

If it's a problem with the fuser itself which often it is the easy fix would be to replace it. However without my hands, ears, eyes and even nose there with your copier, I can't offer you any more advice.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Where did you go to get the various codes??

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 11:24:11 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@att.net Has Frothed:

Google

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Once again, thanks for the response. Sounds like my machine is ready for the scrap hear. I don't think even Xerox supports it anymore. I Googled and tried the Xerox website to no avail. Xerox no longer has support data, manuals, etc for this model even though it is listed.

You wouldn't still have the URL where you found the codes, would you? I'm looking for whatever info I can find.

Thanks Joe

Reply to
Joe

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 14:43:55 -0600, Joe Has Frothed:

Sure:

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:48:59 -0600, Joe Has Frothed:

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow