Toshiba DVD Recorder D-R4 tray sensor prob

Trying to remove a jammed disc in the tray, I broke a sensor mounted near the front of the drive chassis. Pics here:

I googled the sensor part #, no joy. It's too damaged to determine it's function. A window in the tray parks over this location when the tray reaches it's home park. The recorder won't run, sets a code ERROR

7071- which is a fault code for the DVD drive. Can anyone explain what this sensor does, how I can find a replacement, or can suggest a workaround. I got a couple used Toshiba DVD players of similar model year from the local thrift store; good units and $5.00 each. They have different drives of course, and they don't have the same sensor configuration. Still looking for a parts dog, but no joy yet. Thoughts? JR
Reply to
JR North

some sort of sub min switch, how many traces in the ribbon? single or change-over ? is there space to jury-rig something bigger , not neccessarily in the original posistion ?

Reply to
N_Cook