Winfing a High Ratio Transformer

Sorry using GG, I have newsreader problem after updating Thunderbird, I haven't solved yet.

In a thread about a low impedance transformer for a Q meter, it was suggested two cascaded two 10 to 1 transformers to get 100 to 1 ratio. 3C90 material was used. I have 3F3 that is similar but a little lower ui. I'm hoping flat 100kHz to 100MHz, but really only need 30MHz.

I have pot cores, are there any tricks to winding that will make for better coupling or less strays?

Is there any advantage to a wide band for the one turn secondary vs a single 22 gauge wire? I have copper strap or brass shim stock.

Put the one turn on outside, on inside?

I have room for 12 turns, put the one turn right in the middle, 5 turns on each side?

I've built one, but I need a better jig to measure with the NanoVna. Parts on the way.

Thanks, For you input, Mikek

Reply to
amd...