Q.what is mean by ratio current transformer 1800:1

Hi, I am working on project on single phase energy meter.I need current transformer having ratio 1800:1 as per recommended in datasheet of ic ADE7753 which is used as energy measurment ic.This current trasformer providung output 0.5v when burden resistor connected less than 10ohm.I am get confuse abut CT 1800:1.Please send me information about CT. Thanking You

Reply to
spanv

Most likely that current transformer is wound with 1800 turns and has

2 terminals to connect that 10 ohm load (and measuring device(s). Ome would run a single wire from the power source thru the center to the power load. This, then is 1800:1 turns ratio. To make one, one could take an un-needed small filament transformer, remove all of the wire, and wind 1800 turns on the bobbin. Use largest wire size to allow enough space for that one other wire.
Reply to
Robert Baer