lawn mower wiring

Hello,I was wondering if you have a wiring diagram for a ford riding mower model YT 16 early 80's. I'm blowing fuses and I can not get the PTO tp engage. I know that the wireing is wrong and I don't know where it goes. Please help. I need to cut my grass.

Thank you, Marie B.

Reply to
Marie Bennett

This isn't really the right place to look for that. Can't you just follow the wires and see where they go? How complex can it be? If the PTO won't engage, see if there's a switch under the seat to detect a rider, many (all?) riding mowers will kill the engine or disengage the PTO if this switch opens, and failure of the switch is not uncommon. Most of the mowers I've worked on had it bypassed already.

Reply to
James Sweet

Hi...

I'd respectfully suggest that she ask in alt.home.lawn.garden.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

marie, here is the wiring diagram. Tom .....well this page won't let me paste the jpeg file of the schematic that i just scanned for you.beings that i'm new, i may be doin something wrong. if you know what i need to do let me know cause i've saved the wiring diagram to a jpeg on my desktop, tom

Reply to
tntgeorge

Hi...

Have no idea what you're using for a mailer, but in any case you won't be able to "paste" a picture into an email.

So first, strongly suggest you not do this in the newsgroup lest a few people get upset, but instead e-mail it to the folks who want it.

Then - don't attempt to paste, but rather look for how you might "attach" a file to your email. If you can't find attach, then see if you can't find "insert an image"

Hope this helps, and take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel