Where to find basic info on copy machine repair

I have a Sharp Z50 and a Sharp Z20 personal copy machine. The little ones where the top moves back and forth. They both have the same problem of printing out portions of the page with big black bands. Sometimes the whole page is black.

I don't want to spring for new parts until I know what is wrong. The parts are very expensive. Can someone guide me to a place where the basics of these types of small copiers are covered?

Adam Tomash BlueMoon Macintosh Resources snipped-for-privacy@adelphiayourpants.net (please remove yourpants)--

Reply to
adam tomash

Go here

Ask Jimthecopierwrench

Reply to
GPG

whole

There is some background info and general fult symptoms/cures on my file

N Cook

whole

Thick black bands across the width may be due to a timing error so the paper is passing through when the reclaim voltage is on , for neutralising the charge on the OPC before pulling off. I have a service manual for the Z50 , with schema and mechanicals , operation sequences etc, please email me on address on the following URL

N Cook

Want to Fix Something?

Instant download after purchase

Reply to