Where rubber transmission belts?

Hi, I am seeking for two micro rubber transmission belts to replace a slacked one in two floppy drive. The dimensions is 1,5x0,5mm for one, and 1x0,5mm other. Lenght is about 11 and 10 cm. Where I can find it in the web? Here in Italy is hard to find.. Thanks and excuse for probably poor english.

--
Prima di rispondermi devi togliere le dita dal naso!!! :-)
Reply to

If you can find a wider 0.5mm, right length belt, then its possible to cut it down using a "been slicer" blade system

N_Cook

You might find something if you try Googling "Flat cassette belts". 1.5mm is a little narrow. Mostly they are 2 or 2.5mm, but as N.Cook says in another reply, it is possible to cut the width down. For what it's worth, most belts of this type are specified for length, by the diameter, when the belt is set into a circle shape. If you have a Sony repair centre anywhere near you, if you can get to speak to any of the engineers there, you might get lucky with something that's close enough, as many Sony hifis up to quite recently, used small flat drive belts of assorted sizes, on their cassette decks.

You could also look at Chas Hyde's website in the UK. I think that they can ship international. Your English is fine. Better than my Italian ... !! d;~}

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

is

belts

set

if

with

used

can

For non-native English speaker Chas Hyde = Charles Hyde

Reply to
N_Cook

Google finds it as either, as they themselves have used both formats of the name for many years ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

If I understand, the belt has stretched and is loose. You "might" be able to cut out, say, 1 inch or so [use a very clean razor and make perfectly perpendictual cuts] and use crazy glue to join and get more service. I did this several years ago on my VCR and its still working. Of course, if available, new is more reliable.

Reply to
John Keiser

You might have better luck looking for 'rubber drive belts'.

Michael A. Terrell

Sofa Slug

Can't you use an O-ring? An o-ring of the type AS568A-154 or AS568A-155 are close to your dimensions.

Google for "O-ring Charts" for other sizes.

| > -- | > Prima di rispondermi devi togliere le dita dal naso!!! :-) | |

Reply to
R T Smith