Voice Chip, any ideas?

Hi,

I'm looking for a voice chip that can save 5-10 audio files(10-15s long) and can play them one after the other by sending 5V to the input (one audio with every pulse).

I bought a chip from Windbond (ISD17120SYI), which is a multi-message, single-chip voice record and playback (although I don't need recording). But this one has been discontinued. Apart from that this one had a lot of extra features that I will not be using...

Does anyone know a manufacturer that has one of these?

Thanks!!!

Reply to
ibarrola

Don't know of sources for that chip, but this might be an alternative.

The Somo 14D stores voice (or other sound) on a micro-SD card, so you have nearly unlimited storage (number and duration of sounds). The Somo 14D runs in two modes - mucroprocessor control or key. In key mode, the controls are On, Off, Next, where a low on Next plays the next file.

I have one waiting for me on the bench now - just haven't been able to get to it (waiting while hand surgery heals gets old fast).

Sparkfun in the US usually carries the chip but are out of stock today:

John

Reply to
news

OKI Semiconductor makes a bunch of sound chips that probably cover what you want to do.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader