Sony voice recoder: Everything works except Recod feature?

I have a Sony voice Digital recorder ICD-B25. I tried using a phone recording cable on it, and after that the record feature did not work. This cable has a phone jack on one side and a regular male jack to fit in the mic input. I bought the cable on ebay and the ad mentioned you can use it with a micro cassette recorder. I asked the seller if it can be used on a digital recorder, he said he does not know. Is it possible that this cable wrecked my recorder? anything else I can try? thanks for your input.

Reply to
lbbss

btw: it has voice activation feature (only recodes when there is sound coming in, other wise it pauses). So when I record it is always pausing. If I turn off voice activation, it shows that it is recording, but when I listen to the recording, it sound like quiet white noise. So I deduct that since the voice activation does not ever get ingage, it means the mic is not picking up any sound (that applies to both external mic or built in mic). recorder is 1 year old.

lbbss

Reply to
lbbss