Pioneer CDJ-1000 Mk3 ...

Anyone know if this pro DJ unit has a mode whereby the button function-sensitive backlighting can be turned off ? I've not seen a Mk3 before, and don't have the manual for it. The one that I've just fixed was in for a mechanical problem on the deck, which was straightforward enough. All of the buttons work and do as they should, but none light up when pressed. The "Vinyl - CDJ" indicators don't light either, although the central jog display correctly shows "Vinyl" or nothing, when the button is operated. There's so many different LEDs involved here, that it seems unlikely that there is any 'fault' as such, and the job ticket doesn't mention any such problem, so I'm wondering if a soft switch-off function has been put in, to stop the console looking too 'busy' in the dark, if some DJs prefer it that way. Or possibly I suppose, if all the LEDs are taken up to some common supply rail that's just for them, there might be some little wire ended or sm fuse, as Pioneer are so fond of using in '1000s ?? Anyone know ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:47:00 +0100, Arfa Daily ??o??:

With all the lights and commotion in a club where you would find pro dj equip I would think that some console lights would hardly be a distraction warranting dimming.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Yep - quite right. It was in fact a genuine fault. There are many picofuses on the MJCB board, and one of these feeds 12v out on a rail called "VLED". Bit of a giveaway, really ...

For future reference for anyone who might be interested, it is IC1513, and is rated at T315mA. Replacing it restored all the LEDs to normal operation.

My thanks, as ever, to Mark Z, who managed to find a copy of the schematics for me. Cheers Mark - it was a big help :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:47:00 +0100, "Arfa Daily" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I see you have already obtained one, but here is one at eserviceinfo:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar