Viewsonic VP181 back light inverter

I have a Viewsonic VP181 18.1" LCD monitor that has a problem with the back light inverter. The seems to be a common problem with it and there are replacement inverters available for about $100. Has anyone managed to repair one of these inverter boards? I've checked all the fuses, caps, power transistors and the transformers. It uses a Hitachi INVC551 inverter. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

most common problems are cracked solder connections around xfrms... and high esr electrolytic(s) filtering the input B+ on the inverter board.... must check with an ESR meter or just replace. electricitym . . .

Reply to
electricitym

Hi, I just bought a monitor, same as yours, with same problem,

Please let me know if you have brown traces under PCB corresponding with Q1 and Q2 transistors .

I going to check all components, it seems to be complicated

Do you know how to check for transformers T1 and T2 ?

Thanks

Olivier

Reply to
ob38