Viewsonic VG191b

Hi ! I am repairing a Viewsonic VG191b LCD-monitor with disturbing thin short horisontal lines all over the screen. Is there anyone that has heard about this problem or has scematics on this monitor ?

Regards

Claudio

Reply to
Claudio Cossutta

Check the electrolytic capacitors, some will be surface mount. Check them for high ESR. I've repaired a few LCD monitors with "noisy" pictures, many have high ESR replace the worst first, then check the picture quality. I didn't replace all the ones that were in the "questionable" area of the ESR meter, but replace all that were "bad" per the ESR meter.

Reply to
carneyke

What "ESR meter" did you use?

--
James T. White
Reply to

Cap Wizard made by Independance Electronics (has analog meter with green / yellow / red (like old battery testers) for good / compare / bad). There were too many in the yellow zone to change, after replacing the ones in the red zone and testing the unit worked fine. It has been back in service for over a year now.

Reply to
carneyke

replacing

Thanks. Cap Wizard looks like a nice device.

--
James T. White
Reply to

I have the Cap Wizard and the Dick Smith ESR Tester. I like the Dick Smith one best.

Clarence Southwest Monitors & Printers

Reply to
CLARENCE CLAY