Viewsonic VG-150 LCD--Massive failures?

I have five (5) of these VG-150 monitors. After 3 years of occasional use, EVERY one developed the same problem. The bottom 1/3 of the screen loses sync in DOS mode and disappears. If the last line of text falls in just the right place on-screen somewhere about 2/3 of the way down the screen, the bottom line of dots ghosts (echoes) from that point to the bottom of the screen.

I returned all of them to Viewsonic. They were returned, supposedly fixed, but three of them failed again just after the remainder of the warranty expired.

So, has anyone else noticed this problem with VG-150's? Better yet, has anyone successfully repaired them? If so, could you please share some info on what needs to be replaced?

Many thanks in advance!

** To respond, remove the crap from my addy... **
Reply to
prc1