using the Pace VF90

Does anyone here have experience using the Pace VF90 desoldering station? I have just aquired one of these as I thought it was a self contained unit but I find I need a gas feed? and a vacuum source? I honestly thought that this thing used hot air and that there would be a built in pump. I've done the usual googling but can't find any really useful info. I have a small compressor which might do if the gas inlet is just compressed air, and I might be able to rig up something for the vacuum as long as it doesn't need to be too powerful. Any help/advice appreciated or this thing might end up back on ebay. Cheers

--
Just add a little Rub to email me :^)
Reply to

"RubbishRat"

** This the one ??

At 55 UK pounds you had to be a bit suspicious....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

desoldering

that

googling but

compressor

it

appreciated or

Vacu-flow- Unit_W0QQitemZ350334776198QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioElectroni csVideo_Video_TelevisionSetTopBoxes?hash=item5191947386

Hi Phil, Yes, thats the one, Yeah, I suppose so, but it IS new, and seemed very cheap to me. It seems to be working OK, so I'm sure with a little help from my friends (hint) I can get some valuable use from it. If not there is always the option to re ebay it. Nothing ventured and all that :^) Pete

--
Just add a little Rub to email me :^)
Reply to
RubbishRat

"RubbishRat"

** Purest narcissism.

** The dead Beatles are turning in their graves .....

** To the next unsuspecting sucker.

FOAD you piece of shit.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It's not the only Pace unit that requires an external air and or vacuum supply. Presumably intended for production line use - although I doubt their more recent stuff is rugged enough for that.

--
*Go the extra mile. It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker *

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)