Fluorescent light fixture problem

We bought a fluorescent light fixture at Home Depot for our kitchen about a year ago. It uses 3 48" T8 bulbs. It stopped working (all bulbs) a few days ago. I had one extra new bulb, so I tried replacing each of the bulbs. That didn't work, so I replaced all of them. Still not working. The only other symptom was that before it went out completely, for a few days it occasionally quickly flashed off then back on.

Any ideas as to what my next step should be?

Thanks!

Woodpecker

Reply to
woodpecker

But first, just make sure that power is actually reaching the fixture, and that there are no intermittent connections internal to the fixture. *Then* suspect the ballast ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On 4/4/2009 4:40 PM woodpecker spake thus:

Yes; replacing the ballast.

(Unless someone here knows some way of testing the ballast.)

mostly pears.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

And, if it's an electronic ballast that isn't potted, could be bad solder joints on its PCB, though at this point with it being totally dead, something may have blown.

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: