TV with very low sound volume!

I have a Sony Trinitron model number KV-27TS27 TV. For the past few months ( I use it very seldom), the sound volume is very low despite having the sound controls at max. I even tried connecting the audio-out jacks to my stereo sound system and get the same low volume. Does anyone know what could be wrong. Is it worthwhile getting it repaired?

Reply to
steve podleski

Yes, it is worth getting repaired.

Read sci.electronics.repair for very recent, last couple of days including today, postings for the exact same problem.

Reply to
dkuhajda