Tubular ceramic cap, silver migration?

Got inside this audio Low Pass Filter block, after desoldering the associated IC but problem was an ohmic cap,1.5mm diam x 5mm, in the base/former of one o fthe Tx. Originaly measuring about 400 to 500R, now after desoldering, about 1000R I had removed the cap, decided to lightly sandpaper the ends of the tube assuming the migration over the end surfaces and placed it in my usual place for such tiny items to pick up the DVM. But with my turning, there was some of that near invisible spider-silk hot melt fibre I had unknowingly on me from the previous job and that must have flicked the cap off to the devil-knows-where. Didn't get to RLC measure the cap either. Otherwise symetrical coils in there and other cap is 3.4nF and the first scrap coil I come across also had 3.3nF tiny tubular in it , so that will go in there. So anyone been here before , and end abraiding would have been all that is required to reuse?, and more generally with such narrow dimension high capacity caps for reuse, would routine pre-emptive abraiding the ends always make sense LPF green plastic casing with 2 transformers inside marked

061-01 8NIV should anyone have data on such

ps a lid for my small parts , under review tray, premptive action also

Reply to
N_Cook

back in working order, not tried it with analyser proper, but no audible difference to L and R tracks rec/playback for 3 spot frequencies, Dolby in or out. Strobing to the capstan only needed about 3% adjustment probably more for age than different bands. 4 pulley tyres needed replacing also

Reply to
N_Cook