Troubleshooting an HV Splitter / Focus Combo block (with more details)

I recently replaced the failed and NLA'd Sanyo 220493-3 HV Splitter / Focus Combo block in my LXI RPTV with the updated 4835 310 57402 replacement Kit. (See the "Updated Hardware Kit and the block immediately above it at:

).

I made sure to follow the wiring and connection directions but the TV is definitely not happy with the change. On power-up there is a buzzing that sounds similar to arcing. The tubes do warm up after a few seconds and a blue/green is displayed on the screen, however shortly after warming up the tubes turn off...

Any pointers as to what I should check or test to figure out what the problem is?

Thanks, ~Aaron

Reply to
daubman

turn your screens down and try turning on the set again after a few seconds try turning up the screens slowly see what happens most likely the screen controls are up to high

Reply to
David Naylor

Would that be turning the screen knobs clockwise or counter-clockwise? If counter-clockwise, I've already tried it with the same result... any other ideas?

Thanks! ~Aaron

Reply to
daubman

Could it be that the replacement HV Kit would prefer lower HV input? Is there a pot/adjustment to "crank down" the HV input? I've looked around but don't see anything obvious (This is an LXI RPTV (53") but I can't find any obvious model identification).

Thanks again, ~Aaron

Reply to
daubman

Sorry for all the self-replies, I finally found the model number.

It's an LXI PTV415-AH01 Model Number: 626.54568291

Again, the issue is that after replacing the HV Splitter /Focus combo block with a new replacement kit, all three tubes warm up and light, but flicker and make a buzzing/crackling sound. After about 30 seconds the tubes all turn off at the same time although the TV remains on (power LED remains lit). If I power off then power on the TV again the tubes will flicker for 15-30 seconds and then turn off again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - I'm not sure where to go from here... I double checked all the connections again tonight and they all appear correct...

Thanks again! ~Aaron

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
daubman