Troublecodes for Philips 32pt5441/37?

Greetings,

I have in my possession possibly one of the worst televisions (in terms of reliability) ever made. It has died once again, but this time it is generating a different code.

The TV will turn on, but as it is coming on the protection circuit cuts the power and then sets the code. The code is: 2-11-1 (2 short - 11 short - 1 long). Anyone have a line on Philips troublecodes? I hate this TV and I would just throw it away, but what does one do with a 150lb turd besides throw your back out?

Many Thanks!

-Rascal

Reply to
Rascal

Philips arent nice. Which Chassis is this? If it's the one I'm thinking, it goes though a start-up sequence, but has to detect line before it will power up completely. Biot chicken and egg situation, but maybe the small signal board. This board has to receive line pulses to complete power on. If your really stuck, get back to me. I know someone.........(but need to know which chassis)

Reply to
Rodney.Marriott

It's a L04.1U AA chassis. I believe you are correctly thinking of my turd. I'd appreciate any help, but I'm starting to think of covering it with a table cloth and building a zigarrat out of my old TVs.

Thanks Again,

-Rascal

Reply to
Rascal