Digimate L-1715 inverter part ID needed

Hi. Just got a Digimate 17 inch monitor with no display. Found a bad shottky diode on the inverter PCB so I replaced that and the fuse, now I have a screen, however after a few minutes it starts to flicker badly, on the inverter the transformer on the side I replaced the diode is getting hot. After a bit of tracing I have found a small SMD (8 pin, looks like an IC) which is shorted to all pins. I am unable to read the tiny writing on top and can find no information on what the part is. Does anyone have any idea, or possibly a schematic. Judging by the way it is connected (there is an identical one on the other side of the inverter, dual lamp) I think it may actually be a special kind of zener diode.

Anyway some numbers, the monitor is a Digimate L-1715 ( I believe the inverter is used in a variety of other brands ). The inverter PCB is part number IV185030HX. The part I need is identified as Q3 (maybe a transistor?)

Can anyone help?

Reply to
Clyde

Best idea is to post this on

as there are quite a number of very experienced LCD monitor repair types lurking there. And read the "how to post pics" advice first, to stay on the right side of them ;-)

Reply to
who where

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 07:56:07 +0100, Clyde put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm confused. At one point you say the mystery device is a special zener diode, then you go on to say that it is a transistor. Are you talking about two different components?

IME, 8-pin smd transistors are often MOSFETs. There is usually one gate pin, and several drain and source pins.

Is there a control IC on the inverter board? If so, then its datasheet may have an application circuit that is similar to yours.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Sorry, the only letter I could read on the top was "N" which when I checked online mentioned a zener diode. However it is labeled Q3 which suggests otherwise. I have since found out it is an N channel MOSFET. It does have 3 pins tied on one side, 4 on the other and a single pin. It is short-circuit to all pins.

Reply to
Clyde