Toshiba remote

My Toshiba remote CT-9946 (for a 32A62) quit. Opening the case I find at the bottom a small orange-and-white exploded-looking part with three leads which appears to be marked ZT01 4.0 MHz, and a 220 uF, 10V cap which appears to have leaked slightly.

  1. Is ZT01 a ceramic resonator?
  2. Will replacing it repair the unit?

I know it's easier to drop the $40-80 and get a new one, but there's just something about giving up that easily...

clifto