Toshiba CX2084, Chassis TAC8382

The vertical deflection on this tv has been slowly shrinking. It is now at the point were the size control is turned all the way up. I have the schematic for this TV and have replaced the suspect caps relating to the vertical section on the TA7644 video chrome IC with no success. Has anyone seen this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
spooky

What caps have you so far changed ... kip

Reply to
kip

"spooky" bravely wrote to "All" (12 Nov 05 22:02:45) --- on the heady topic of "Toshiba CX2084, Chassis TAC8382"

sp> From: "spooky" sp> Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:348391

sp> The vertical deflection on this tv has been slowly shrinking. It is sp> now at the point were the size control is turned all the way up. I have sp> the schematic for this TV and have replaced the suspect caps relating sp> to the vertical section on the TA7644 video chrome IC with no success. sp> Has anyone seen this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sp> Thanks

Dave,

Just what gave you the idea that changing low level vertical processing components will fix an obvious vertical output defect? What got into you, man?!!! ;-)

A) Change the electros related to the "vertical output", pump up diode/electro, derived supply filter electro/rectifier, output electro, and check the solder at the yoke socket, vert output.

B) Read the faq.

A*s*i*m*o*v

... KPLA: Klingon radio: All glory, all the time!

Reply to
Asimov

Thanks for your reply So far I have changed C308 2.2uF, C315 100uF 100V, and possibly C409

33uF 35V but I'm not sure. I will have to check inside the set.

Thanks again Spooky

Reply to
spooky

In some oler Toshibas with vertical problems there are 2 2.2uF capacitors, both being red or brown, and one being a bit removed from the actual vertical deflection circuitry.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre