mitsubishi 55" WS55313

I got this TV from a buddy for cheap. The problem is that the picture is real wavy (verticly) and appears to move from right to left. You can make out the picture but it is very garbled. I am just wondering what the problem might be if it something I could replace my self or if it is not how much a repair shop might charge so at least I know if I am getting screwed or not.

Reply to
Jake Knutson

Hi, I'm not an expert and I might be wrong. You might need to replace Horizontal deflection output capacitor or horizontal IC itself. Mostly just capacitor. good luck

Reply to
-Almazick-

-Almazick- ha escrito:

Sorry, but I think you are confusing vertical deflection with horizontal deflection. In a TV, there is only a vertical deflection IC, and not an horizontal deflection one.

Check this site

for info about TV sets. Go to the section "Deflection Problems" to have a glance about how to distinguish an horizontal deflection problem from a vertical one.

Reply to
lsmartino