Toshiba 57" WS help needed (very much so)

I have a Toshiba 57H82 rear projection tv that has been intermittently flickering too much red. For instance, on a black background it will take on a reddish tinge then back to normal then reddish again, with no apparent pattern. Its also not consistent--sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.

If it was something simple or something others have encountered I might have a go but most likely I'll have a service guy come in and have a look. So the point of my asking is two-fold--possible fix it myself, or Know enough so that when the guy gets here we don't get hosed. Any suggestions or information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Stu

In case anyone is wondering those other monitors I've been asking about are junk ones people drop off and if I can get them to work, great, if not they go to the dump--But this is my baby...please don't make a grown man cry....

apparent

have