Toshiba 32A10 TV Sound problem

I have a Toshiba 32A10 (32" TV) that generates overwhelming white noise (sound) from all CATV stations, from both the set's own speakers, and from externally-amplified ones. The CATV signal is fine; another TV can use that same cable with no noise.

The picture is fine.

The actual sound from the CATV input is barely audible, but it's very faint, and is swamped by the noise.

Using input from an external DVD player, the sound is perfectly fine.

Which component is the likely culprit? Since external speakers (which receive unamplified signal) also receive the noise, could it be the tuner module?

Thanks for your time!

Chillspine

P.S. I fully understand the risks of working on TV equipment; I hereby indemnify and hold blameless any parties kind enough to part with their $0.02 ;)

Reply to
Chillspine

Try turning off SAP or other audio options in the user menu.

Reply to
dkuhajda

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 07:08:18 +0000, Chillspine Has Frothed:

Tuner.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow