Thinkpad 770 1024x768 13.3 TFT LCD problem: 3 Black columns

050802020001070708000802 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Just got a dirt cheap thinkpad 770 with 1024x768 TFT display which has 3 black vertical bars as per attached picture. I checked the cable for shorts,disconnects and the LCD doesn't show any obvious signs of damage.

Could this symptom be a result of an LCD being dropped and contacts leading to the glass shifted / broken? I didn't dare to dismantle the LCD metal frame... just removed the LCD from the laptop, disconnected and checked the cable, inverter, put the thing back together - same behaviour.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, Jiri

Reply to
Jopki Jopa