thermal switch

A thermal switch rated 110C/0C - does this mean freezing is required to rest it?

Others rated 150C/60C will self-reset at room temp.

RL

Reply to
legg

I've tried to rest two by taking them to ~ -18C.

One I originally tripped on the bench using a heat gun. The other was tripped open in a microwave oven.

Are these supposed to reset?

RL

Reply to
legg

Microwave cabinet sensors swithing 12A 120VAC.

Same symbol and part family as two other types used w/35C reset, measuring box wall tmps. They test as resetable.

KSD100LC0 PW4261N100

GE doesn't issue part numbers in service manual.

RL

Reply to
legg

I opened up one of them and the construction was of a resettable part. I guess a zero degree reset is less reliable (or practical).

RL

Reply to
legg

Maybe the "0C" (in 110C/0C) was a clumsy way to infer it's not resettable. Afterall, who has ever heard of thermal switches operating around 0C ? Bi-metal switches - yes.

Jonesy

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

The active element is a bimetalic disc.

The detection temperature is curious - locations on internal walls - fire detection? In series with AC line power, one before and one after the operating interlock.

Resetting at zero would allow repair rather than replacement, but a service cycle anyways. Can you imagine advice to end user or service techs - 'Stick in deep freeze for 30 minutes.'

Hardly pracyical in built-in units like the JVM1750. I suppose there's always freeze-spray . . . .

HEY - THAT WORKED !

What an idiot I am.

RL

Reply to