Thermal switch for BGW 750C

I am looking for two thermal switches that control the fan speed. They are normally open and close when things get toasty thus speeding up the fan. The problem is that they are permanently open. Manufacturer is Elmwood Sensors and the number string on the side is:

344-1 F131 78M

They look something like this

Except that faston tabs are at 30° relative to the mounting holes.

Does anyone know where can I get these or at least the temperature that they should close at? I am in Canada, near Toronto.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

I find many hits on thermostat switches but not exactly the PT# you specify,..

Why can't you simply use a basic type with the estimated temp and required amp load?

I'm guessing after looking at the PT#, its around 130F closing.. Does that sound about right for the application it's in?

Reply to
Jamie

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 14:42:47 -0500, Boris Mohar put finger to keyboard and composed:

The "F131" looks like it may reflect a 131 deg F rating, which corresponds exactly to 55C.

If it helps, Elmwood Sensors is now part of Honeywell.

FWIW, my WES Components catalogue (Australia) lists about 20 microwave oven thermostats with right-angled tabs. They range in temperature from 70C to 165C and are rated for 10A, 240VAC.

Klixon are another popular brand of Thermal Cutout.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

These are commonly available. Typical switch temps for Power Amps is 60°C for the Fan (normally off) and 90°C for over temp cutout (normally on).

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis