Tektronix 7603 100 MHz OSCILLOSCOPE MAINFRAME.

Need Scan of Service Manual, the EHT PSU for the Tube, this has been given to me but in a Bag of bits..

So can and one Please scan the Circuit section and the parts layout..

Thanks.

As this might save me a lot of time..

Reply to
BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

You didn't mention your problems with it, but in 20 something years using a 7603, the only problems I've had are the huge electrolytics caps in the power supply can. They are typically Mallory's, and they fail suddenly. If they are all original, you will likely find several completely open, and the rest perfect. Change them all.

John

Reply to
John-Del

The EHT 10KV or what ever has been had a go at, and I have a bag of bits from it..

Reply to
BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

they

several

bits from

18 kV EHT is delivered by the voltage multiplier. The wire from the ferrite transformer to the multoplier can by easily located.

Unsolder this wire. Does the HV inverter circuit now start up? If so, replace multiplier.

In the 7603 I had to repair, it was amin failutre the dried out electrolytics in the LV supply and secound this multiplier.

So, your chances are high to find the solution to your "bag of bits" ;-)

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekman

This Scope was found at the local Tip with some work been done on the UHT thing, another chap tried to get it working, but failed so I ended up with it, with some parts removed, and in a bag, that is why I am after a scan of the EHT section of the service manual, to see what is missing and to find out were these parts go..

Reply to
BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn