Tek 11201

I've not heard of this type before. Any hints on what it's worth (UK) and whether it's worth buying at what price? No warranty (apart from not DOA) or calibration - passes all self tests. Is it gross overkill for hobby electronics - i.e. should I stick with a 50 or 100 MHz scope or even a 2465 if one comes up cheap?

--
Dave Partridge (remove xwy from replyto email address)
Reply to

"David C. Partridge" wrote in news:42e7f8d9$0$12893$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com:

Major overkill for hobbyist use. 8-)

It's a programmable digital lab scope using 11K series plug-ins like the old 7000 series scopes.It has math processing capabilities,too.Even 7K plug-ins will fit with a minor mod to the rear plastic frame,but you don't get programmability with 7K PIs.

It will not be serviceable by TEK-US(don't know about outside the US),specific parts or documentation will not be available from TEK-US,it's considered "obsolete",same as the 24445/65 series. Trying to get op and service manuals will be difficult.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Operating manuals is no problem, plenty around. Even as .pdf. Service manuals are rare, but if you are willing to pay there are a few sources.

Reparing services: None in Europe to from tektronix. You can try some specializied contractors, but that really high priced.

Thes scopes are nice if you NEED the processing power, but for a hobbyists use: I would not recommend it.

Pricing (2005) betwen 1200 and 3000 Euros, depending on plugins.

I'd stay with Jim's advice: With a 465B or ar 2445/2465 you are better of as a serious hobbyist. With a 7K series, you get even more bang for the buck ;-)

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekman