TA7317P

Some time ago I was trying to repair a powered mixer which used a TA7317P output protection device.

It turned out that when I got more devices from another distributor they worked exactly as expected. The relay turned on after a delay of a few seconds and all voltage readings made sense.

So in future I will test any TA7317P devices to confirm that they really do seem to be TA7317P before fitting them.

Whether the devices were fake or accidentally put in the wrong package I do not know.

I sent them back to the original distributor today.

I would like to thank everyone who assisted me in that thread, particularly Franc Zabkar.

I also fixed the Yamaha XM6150. In addition to both darlington output transistors being short circuit, one of the emitter resistors was open circuit despite its appearance.

Old Guy

Reply to
John Smith

do

do

particularly

I recently replaced some quarter inch audio jack sockets only to find the fixed and moving contacts were swapped over on the original ones - I've never seen that before

Reply to
N_Cook

"Nutcase Kook "

** Saw just that the other day on a Marshall JMP-1 pre-amp.

The input jack (Cliff , chrome insert type ) is reversed while the adjacent footswitch jack is normal.

Bit of a trap for the unwary....

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison