syncronizing 3 diferent video signal

Hello world.

I would like to put together a solution permiting me to project 3 different sources of video (or High definition video) in a synchronised fashion. For example lets say that I have 3 diferent video signal.

Signal 1 displays the number 1 after 1 second of projection Signal 2 displays the number 2 after 2 second of projection Signal 3 displays the number 3 after 3 second of projection

Then they all diplaz together the number 4 after 4 second of projection.

I have gathered that I can probably do that with 3 syncronised dvd readers, presumably one master and 2 slave.

My question is could I do that from a powerfull pc with maybe 3 video cards and reading directly from one / several vast drives or one video card with 3 outputs. Any sugestions welcome. I am a java programer so if anyone is aware of an api or java tool kit that would give me the basic element that could be cool to.

Evening all, Fred

Reply to
flyingwords

You will have to sychronize not only the timing of the material, but the video frames as well. Otherwise, there will be annoying vertical rolling as the video monitor or TV resyncs after each switch.

If you use a single video card with multiple outputs, I would assume they can be synced together (or will be automagically). But with multiple drives or DVD players or whatever, this may not be possible.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Reply to
Bill Janssen

TBC's only have a window of correction about 32 lines. He needs 3 "Frame Sync's", still, as you said, very expensive.

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, Sam and Bill thanks for your contribution,

Maybe I wasn t clear enough . The assignment of one picture to one screen stays static, it is one signal per screen, As the pictures are never mixed on the same screen. Signal 1 always stays on screen 1, signal 2 on screen 2 ect... surely The synch only needs to be done on the material. Or Am I wrong? Are there any sofware to do this?

Fred

Reply to
flyingwords

If you're not switching the video signals to the screens, then sync will be fine.

But then what are you asking for besides being able to output several video images from one PC?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Hi Sam,

As you said I am looking to

1) being able to get 3 video images (possibly High def video) and one sound output out of a pc.

2) being able to synchronise the content.

I don t know if anyone has ever done anything like that. At the moment I am looking around Matrox technology as they seem to deal with multiple display, stuff like flight simulator ect. If you feel like it have a look at the folowing link and tell me what you think.

Fred

Reply to
flyingwords