car video cam

I'm interested in finding an affordable car video cam like the police have in their cars now. Just video (I think video and sound both may not be legal). One that is stand alone (no computer required in the car), and can overwrite after some number of hours (30 minutes?). So when people crash into me, I have a visual record of how it happened. I'd think there would be a big market for such a device now. One facing forward, and one facing backward ideally.

Any suggestions, or suggestions on where to look?

Thanks.

Reply to
John

John wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

try asking on rec.autos.driving;there's a few people there with dash cams for recording the crappy drivers they encounter on the roads.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik