Strobe Lights.

I have an old Maytag clothes dryer. (and a Maytag washing machine too) The clothes dryer wont automatically turn off by itself.Whenever I use the clothes dryer, I have to remember I have some clothes in there.I have gotten to where I can guees how long to leave my clothes in there and then I manually turn off the clothes dryer.I only use the machine when the weather is bad.Otherwise I hang my clothes on the clothes line in my back yard. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You need to adjust the strobe light

Reply to
Ron

Yes, you can hold a strobe disk up to your eye. This is a painted-black disk with one slot, spun (often by hand) so as to block a peephole. Instead of turning the light on/off, you block your line of sight to the fan except during the slit-crosses-the-peephole instants.

It doesn't have to be your eye, of course, you can put a camera behind the peephole and observe the photograph in any lighting you find desirable...

Reply to
whit3rd

Maybe, maybe NOT. The 'white' LEDs use blue or UV emitters and phosphors, so part or all of the light output is delayed. A gas-discharge lamp (like xenon or even neon) has better timing control. It also tolerates high-brightness/low duty cycle better than a semiconductor.

Reply to
whit3rd

A few days ago, I looked on the web for, LED Strobe Lights

I might buy one just to play with.I think it would be cool if the auto companies could/would figure out a way to ''strobe'' the wheels on those cars. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

On 2/16/2009 4:37 PM snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net spake thus:

Oh, they can strobe all kinds of crap.

Here in the Bay Area, there's a particularly annoying application of strobes in the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) subway in San Francisco. If you look out the window between two of the stations on one side*, you can see faint but visible moving images, kind of like an old-time kinescope, with advertising themes. The pictures are placed on the wall in a strip, and the strobe is apparently on the train and synched to the train's speed past the pictures.

Some frigging genius has figured out how to turn even idly looking out the window into yet another way of getting our money.

  • Between Embarcadero and Montgomery, southbound, looking out the south side of the train.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I have been to San Francisco twice before.January 1964 on my way to Vietnam.About a year later, back to the Land of the Round Eyes and the Big PX.

Strobin, man, strobin. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

On 2/16/2009 6:53 PM snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net spake thus:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

-- Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it because it generates considerable business for me in consulting and upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that doesn't work, I stay in business. Incidentally, my company motto is "If this stuff worked, you wouldn't need me".

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Don't worry, you're not alone there.

Reply to
Ron

He's a troll. Do you expect him to make sense?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

I don't know if he is a troll or just a bit strange. I know people in real life like this. Half of what they say makes perfect sense, but then they go off on some wild tangent. You walk away wonering what just happened.. Whatever the case, half the time he asks somewhat valid questions. The other time I don't know what he is talking about.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Look at his posting history on the rec.radio.shortwave group. There is no doubt that he is a troll.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

I'll take you word for it, I know your pretty sensible. I remember back the first time I saw his posts I thought he had some valid questions, but thats been quite a long while ago and I've had no usenet acess for the last 6 months, so I've got no idea what kind of crazy stuff he's been saying.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

He was bragging on the shortwave group about stealing things from Goodwill stores by switching the price tags from something cheaper, and having sex with his dog.