strimmer conked out

Hi. Before I chuck it in the bin I need to make sure this has no hope.

Using the strimmer today, not that old, not used all that much, i suddenly stopped. Changed the fuse. Thing is it seems dead but now an again when pressing the trigger, it spins for a second, specially whe I plug it back in. Took it apart to make sure no weeds or threads wer cought. checked to see that no elctric wires were loose. All seemed ok

If it's a blown engine, would it spin? Thanks for any advic

--
djbatwa
Reply to

Have you tried completely removing the cutting wire/module incase it i

caught or tangled?

djbatwa Wrote:

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

Assuming it uses a motor with carbon brushes, these are classic symptoms of worn or sticking brushes.

Could also be some sort of bad connection or a bad switch.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: