Static Discharge coming form speakers

My Toshiba TV has just started making a static "click" every 10 to 20 seconds. My TV does run though a SOny surround sound sound system. Any ideas as to what this is and how to trouble shoot it?

Thanks

Reply to
matt

On 14 Nov 2006 07:22:03 -0800, "matt" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Run the TV on its own and then add components until the problem either appears or goes away.

- Franc Zabkar

--=20 Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

sounds like your dag grounds have come loose the dag grounds are the leads from the springs or cables that run around the large part of the tube. to a chassic or crt board ground, if thats not the case while you have the back or sound down listen for a hv leak

Reply to
David Naylor