Proper cleaning of a 400D camera sensor

Hi guys Does anybody know a proper way to have a sensor cleaned? I mean if an electronics/camera technician knew what he was doing, how would he clean the sensor? This is from 'sticky' dust stuck to the sensor and some fine droplets of something. Thanks for your help! pg

Reply to
Photo9

I have not done it myself, but I saw neat little lense cleaning "pens" for around $10 at Harvey Normans the other day.

I'd try washing it off with some IPA then a gentle air nozzle to dry it off. Not sure if the IPA will damage any coatings or coating adhesives involved....

Reply to
Dennis

<
> <
> <
> <

Regards,

Savageduck
Reply to
Savageduck

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a utube video showing how to do that. worth having a search I reckon

David

Reply to
David

Have done this several times to my S3 over its lifetime. There are right ways and wrong ways to do it. A very fine lint-free cloth over a rubber spatula and a few drops of ipa on the blade end works the best for me. A couple of wipes and any dust and residue are gone. Be sure to shoot a blank frame (I find that a clear blue sky is the best) and check it for dust specks and residue marks after cleaning.

Reply to
swanny

You can buy a kit of Eclipse Sensor swabs its a one off clean with each swab.

Have a look through this site

Rob