SRFE1164 replacement

Hello,

I need to replace a couple of motorola SRFE1164 transistor in a failed RF amplifier. There seem to be no trace of a datasheet for this transistor on the net (motorola is the best for unknown parts afaik). A search on google revealed that the MRF422 might be an equivalent part. Does anyone have a datasheet for the SRFE1164? I'd hate spending money for a matched pair of MRF422 and discovering they don't work in the place of the unknown SRFE1164. Thanks

Francesco IZ8DWF

Reply to
francesco.messineo

There never were any data sheets. Any Motorola part with a SRF number was a custom marked RF transistor so the OEM would be the only one who knew what it was. You can either contact the OEM, or check with some of the places that sell repair parts for ham radio gear. A lot of these designs have been reverse engineered, and they know what will replace it.

Motorola is not the only company to print OEM markings. Look at an old IBM mainframe and see all the different IC makers with custom IBM numbers on the parts.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida