Spectroscopy for home

Is it possible to build your own FTIR?

I don't mean from scratch, that is much too hard. I mean is it possible to build one out of salvaged 'parts'.

I ask because I just bought the electronics and beamsplitter/moving mirror assembly from a Nicolet Spectrometer. The moving mirror is a 'porch swing' type so I don't need air for an air bearing, the KBr beamsplitter looks in excellent shape.

I still need an laser and detector (working on it), but the real question is can I operate the electronics independently? To do this I need schematics and wiring diagrams for the Nicolet Model 5PC the parts came from. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Douglas Taylor